Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Basically the equivalent of throwing a dart......Colorado Springs Child photographer-Photos of the Heart

Sometimes as I look through pictures for the sneak peek picture, I can't choose!  I usually pick the amazing shots of cute faces or families that are loving and kind.

This time, I just closed my eyes and picked one.  Okay, not really, but there were a lot to choose from.  I actually picked this because I know how much J. (the dad) loved this spot and because I loved how Little Miss Rose was giving me a tiny glare as she protectively helped Tiny Little Hazel to navigate the leaves and sticks.



She was not the most enthusiastic child to start with, but after a while we decided to get along and there are some happy pictures too.  But that's not what I want to shoot all of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love to capture happy, giggling babies and loving families.  There is a magic moment where everything comes together and the perfect image comes together.  I've learned over the years, that sometimes it's the quiet or grumpy pictures that are the most accurate.  Most kids don't look or act like the models on tv commercials.  Most kids have a personality that can be better described as stubborn, cranky or impish.

AND THAT'S OKAY.

As a mother, I can honestly say that pretty pictures are great, but 50 years from now, I would love to look back and remember how my child was antisocial sometimes, but fiercely protective and loving with her baby sister.

I would hope that these girls are still as close 10 years from now....and 20 years from now.

So this is my picture of the day.  Two sisters.  Curious.  Grumpy.  Loving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Do you ever want to come to Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are right, right now Rose is grumpy. A lot. So I am more than happy to have some pictures of her grumpy face. It is still beautiful to me. - Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I can't wait to read your comments!

 
Creative Commons License
Photos of the Heart by Dana Stone, Photos of the Heart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.