Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The love of a military wife..... {Photos of the Heart-Army Photography, Fort Huachuca AZ}


....has to be one of the strongest bonds in the world.


It's hard to say goodbye to the soldiers in our lives.  I know because I have had to say goodbye more times than I want to think about. I hated the countdown that led up to the final goodbye because it was just so hard to focus on anything but the soldiers leaving.

That's why I am so glad that I was able to take some pictures for this family.  He is getting ready to deploy and leave behind his wife and young son.  It's important to have pictures of happy times so that when goodbyes are finally said, there is something tangible to hold onto.

And this couple is so happy and so in love.  It was interesting to spend time with a young couple who is right where I was years ago.  They have a positive attitude and are obviously in love.  I see how they are about to be separated,  but I also see how their future lies ahead.  Even though there will be miles between them, they can still support and love one another.

I see them and think of the reunion (I hope I get to be there!) that will take place in what seems like such a long way away.  Even though goodbyes are sad, I see a glimpse of the joy that will be at their reunion.  I'm sure that will be a wonderful, amazing, joyful day.












Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Reagan - 40th president of USA (1911 - 2004)

3 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing keep up the great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Do you have any writing skills or it is just a natural gift? Can't wait to see your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'm that talented! That's why I believe a picture is worth a thousand words

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! I can't wait to read your comments!

 
Creative Commons License
Photos of the Heart by Dana Stone, Photos of the Heart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.