Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm on tv.


I'm on tv., originally uploaded by life_happens.

So once again my bartering skills has proven worthwhile. I traded a massage for a brand spanking new flat screen TV.

What can I say? I think that even though I don't' want to massage all day every day for a living, I'm doing pretty good.

I get paid less than I thought I would, but I barter for 95% of my massages. I've traded for preschool, maid service, decorating services, haircuts and color, a hand-carved rocking horse, babysitting, and now for a TV.

So while I've not taken this particular skill to the typical conclusion, I'm grateful that I have this talent and I'm glad that I was able to get the training. I love knowing that I can help someone else and I really appreciate the ability to supplement my income...even via trade.

So this TV is more than a blessing in and of itself, it symbolizes that even though I don't have a "college" education yet, I have talents that I have worked for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love! I can't wait to read your comments!

 
Creative Commons License
Photos of the Heart by Dana Stone, Photos of the Heart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.